GUIDE TO AUTHORS
Authors are invited to submit original research papers to JAFE. Papers should not have been submitted for publication in another journal elsewhere while under consideration by JAFE. Manuscript should be sent as an attachment by email, with a letter of submission, to:
THE EDITOR-IN CHIEF,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
MANUSCRIPT PREPARATIONManuscript should be prepared using MS Word in A4 size portrait format, spaced 1½ using Time New Roman font 12 with good margins at the left and right hand sides. All articles should not be more than 12 pages including tables and figures. Tables and figures should be handled to appear within portrait pages only.
All article contributions to JAFE should use the following manuscript style:
- Cover page: This should consist of title of paper, name and full address of author(s). The title should be concise and reasonably specific. Forenames of author(s) should be initialled and surname written in full. The author affiliations (addresses) should come immediately below their names, and clearly marked or asterisked for identification in the case of joint authors.
- Abstract: This should not be more than 300 words. It should be informative and capable of being used by abstracting bodies. Keywords not more than five words or word-points should be provided.
- Introduction: The introduction should contain: (a) Problem statement and objectives; (b) Theoretical framework (if any). The theoretical issues surrounding the studies should be discussed briefly; a conceptual framework could be presented as an alternative or in addition.
- Methodology: Review articles are acceptable as they are intended to provide general and specific education in the disciplines, but they should address current topics and thoughts that advance knowledge in the various areas covered by JAFE. Methodologies and thought-trends in new discoveries, their applications and implications should form the key contents of Review articles.
- Materials and Methods: For research-report articles, the experiment procedure should give area of study, sampling procedure, measurement of variables, experimental design or methods of data collection and data analysis.
- Results and Discussion: These should comprise (a) concise discussion of findings and (b) Tables and figures. The heading of a table should be above it whereas for a figure, it should be below it. Tables and figures should be presented in the appropriated positions they were mentioned. (Not at the end of the article)
- Conclusion: Major findings should be highlighted and all necessary implications of the findings or their applicability should be stated.
- Reference format: The APA style of referencing should be used. See examples:
Dolor, D. E., Ikie, F. O. and Nnaji, G. U. (2009). Effect of propagation media on the rooting of leafy stem cuttings of Irvingiawombolu (Vermoesen). Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences. 5(6):1146-1152.
Emosairue, S. O. (2007). Fundamentals of Agricultural Entomology. Ethiope Publishing Corporation, Benin City, Nigeria. 248pp.
Olele, N. E., Nwachi, O. F. &Oshemughenm, O. F. (2013). Chemical and biological assessment of Chrysichthysfurcatus from River Niger at Cable-Point, Asaba. Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science. 8(1):59-65.
Omeje, S. I. (2006). Genotype x season interaction effects on the mortality rates of the Nigerian Local Chicken and its crosses with Barred Plymouth rocks. Internatioinal Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development. 7(1):19-24 .
Each accepted article will be charged a handling/publication fee of N25, 000. 00 ($120.00 for international contribution).